Marin Program Manager
- Manage all adoption sites within Marin County – report adoptions, cage openings, health updates etc.. Keep supplies stocked and be the point of contact for all store managers. Ensure that healthy and adoptable animals are available for viewing at locations that host Hopalong animals.
- Oversee animal care for all Hopalong animals in foster care.
- Take animals to vet visits, boarding, adoption sites etc. when needed.
- Point of contact for foster families in Marin when coordinated closely with Program Managers.
- Coordinate with Marin vet hospitals and foster parents for timely medical treatment for all animals
- Perform foster home and adoption screenings
- Train all onsite Marin volunteers under direction of headquarter Volunteer Manager
- Report inventory of general animal supplies, and request orders from headquarters.
- Complete all associated paperwork for Hopalong animals – foster, adoption, volunteer etc.. Responsible for keeping animal medical files up-to-date
- Oversee handoff of foster animals to their foster families – explain key dates, review paperwork and provide supplies.
- Oversee meet and greets for adoptions with both fosters and adopters
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior hands on animal experience a plus
- Basic medical evaluation and trouble shooting skills. Comfortable with both dogs and cats. Understanding of dog and cat behavior and how to manage problems.
- Excellent people skills and a strong communicator
- Talent for motivating and encouraging others
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a high-stress, deadline-oriented environment.
- Skillful at multitasking and effective time-management skills
- Must be a team player, that can act independently and make decisions quickly.
- Comfort working in a shelter environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and databases
- Valid US driver’s license and clean driving record.
* Full benefits, generous vacation and retirement
Please send cover letter and resume to Dani@hopalong.org if interested.